Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bajio's Shrimp Tacos

Bajio's Shrimp Tacos
Recipe from Jackie Williamson

Assembly:

Tortillas
Cheddar cheese
Cooked shrimp
Fresh lime juice
Mango Salsa

Shrimp

2 Lbs. frozen medium shrimp
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup honey
2 Tablespoons seasoned salt or lemon pepper

Thaw shrimp and cut in half. Melt butter and stir in honey and seasoned salt/lemon pepper. Heat 1/4 cup sauce in a frying pan until bubbly and then add about 3/4 shrimp to pan, stirring until shrimp is cooked through.

Mango Salsa

1 Mango
1/2 Cup red onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons Cilantro
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 Lime's juice
1/8 teaspoon chili powder

5 comments:

  1. Hurray! I was so hoping to find this recipe. I ate these last week at Bajio and was in heaven. Now that I am back home where there is no bajio, I am going to try this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom craves this 24/7, i've been looking everywhere to make this for her 50th birthday! ah i'm so excited thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband favorite! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of seasoned salt do you use? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete