Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chicken Fajitas


*This recipe is a friendly reminder to myself that in order to "make dinner" I don't need to "make everything from scratch". I don't need to take out every spice I own just to make an original recipe. I often try to find new and exciting recipes...but sometimes I need something easy.

Chicken Fajitas
Recipe from my mom

Veggie & Chicken Mix:

2 Chicken breasts, cubed or t-strip
1 Green pepper, sliced lengthwise
1 Red pepper, sliced lengthwise
1/2 Onion, sliced lengthwise
1/2 Fajita/taco seasoning packet
1/2 Cup water

Fajita:

Tortillas
Sour cream
Salsa
Lettuce
Cheese
Can refried beans (heated through)
Any other condiments you would like

For the veggie/chicken mix: With a little oil in the bottom of a large skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add vegetables and continue cooking until vegetables are soft (however soft you like them to be). Mix in seasoning and water. Let it come to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover with lid until ready to serve.

Lay down the tortilla and create fajita using condiments of your choice and the veggie/chicken mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment