Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza

*this picture was taken by the pioneerwoman.com which makes the pizza the same way but with homemade crust and only using mozzarella cheese.

*after eating at a friend's house and asking how she did her pizza crusts, I've changed how I do things. I use a bread stick recipe and roll it out (I like it a little thicker, the hubby likes thinner). Then I cook it as if it were bread sticks. Then I add all my toppings on top and broil until cheese is melted and starting to brown on top.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Recipe from foodnetwork.com

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb chicken tenders (I cut up breasts)
2/3 Cup bbq sauce
Flour, for dusting surface
1 pkg pizza dough (pillsbury classic), I used this recipe
3/4 Cup shredded Gouda
1 Cup shredded mozzarella
3/4 Cup shredded Parmesan
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced (I used much less)
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I forgot to use)

Preheat oven to 400.

Heat in oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. When chicken is cool enough to handle, dice chicken to yield a little over a cup. In a small bowl, toss chicken with 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce. Set aside.

On a floured surface, roll out dough and place on a greased sheet pan. Shape to fill the sheet pan (I just made a few circular pizzas with the homemade dough). Spread remaining BBQ sauce evenly over pizza dough. Sprinkle cheeses, onions, and chicken over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment