Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crockpot Lasagna

*This is a pretty basic lasagna recipe but done in a slow cooker. Why I like this? You don't have to pre-cook the noodles. I just don't enjoy trying to mess with the cooked noodles. I also use pre-cooked, frozen ground beef. I'll often take a whole package of ground beef, cook it all up and then split it to the amount needed. Then I'll label and freeze the rest. Makes it easy for this cause in the morning you don't have to even take out the skillet and brown the meat.

Crockpot Lasagna
Recipe from Macie Stratton

1 lb. Ground beef, cooked
4-5 Cups spaghetti sauce
8-10 Lasagna noodled, uncooked
1 Egg
24 Oz. cottage cheese
2-3 Cups mozzarella cheese or Italian blend, shredded

Combine ground beef and spaghetti sauce in bowl. Combine egg and cottage cheese in another bowl. Layer sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment